A Size exclusion Chromatographic analysis was carried out to study the co-elution pattern as well as the molecular interaction between neurotoxic Amyloid beta oligomers and human blood plasma proteins. Four different types of Chromatographic columns like Sephacryl S-100 HR, Superose 12HR 10/30, Superdex 75 HR 10/300 and Superdex 200 HR10/300 used for analysis and among these columns, Superdex 200 HR 10/300 shown to be the most convenient column with better resolution where 20 mM sodium phosphate, pH 7.4; 150 mM sodium chloride proved as best working buffer at 0.5 ml/min flow rate. Co-elution study of mixture of amyloid β oligomers and human plasma serum showed weak molecular interactions with blood plasma proteins but no strong interaction could be observed.
Anuj Kumer Das. A Chromatography based interaction analysis of two important biomolecules: neurotoxic Amyloid beta oligomers and human blood plasma proteins. J App Biol Biotech. 2015; 3 (05): 040-043. DOI: 10.7324/JABB.2015.3508
1. Hardy J, Selkoe DJ. The amyloid hypothesis of Alzheimer’s disease: progress and problems on the road to therapeutics. Science. 2002; 297:353-356.
2. Cleary JP1, Walsh DM, Hofmeister JJ, Shankar GM, Kuskowski MA, Selkoe DJ, Ashe KH. Natural oligomers of the amyloid-beta protein specifically disrupt cognitive function. Nat. Neurosci. 2005; 8: 79-84.
3. Glenner GG, Wong CW. Alzheimer’s disease: Initial report of the purification and characterization of a novel cerebrovascular amyloid protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1984; 120:885-890.
4. Selkoe DJ. Alzheimer’s disease results from the cerebral accumulation and cytotoxicity of amyloid β-protein. J Alzheimers Dis. 2001; 3:75-80.
5. Walsh DM, Selkoe DJ. Aβ oligomers - a decade of discovery. J Neurochem. 2007; 101:1172-1184.
6. Roychaudhuri R, Yang M, Hoshi MM, Teplow DB. Amyloid β-protein assembly and Alzheimer disease. J Biol Chem. 2009; 284:4749-4753
7. Ondrejcak T, Klyubin I, Hu N-W, Barry AE, Cullen WK, Rowan MJ. Alzheimer’s disease amyloid β-protein and synaptic function. Neuromol Med. 2010; 12:13-26.
8. Sakono M, Zako T. Amyloid oligomers: formation and toxicity of Aβ oligomers. FEBS J. 2010; 277:1348-1358.
9. Ferreira ST, Klein WL. The Aβ oligomer hypothesis for synapse failure and memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2011; 96:529-543.
10. Benilova I, Karran E, De Strooper B. The toxic Aβ oligomer and Alzheimer’s disease: an emperor in need of clothes. Nat Neurosci. 2012; 15:349-357.
11. Hayden EY, Teplow DB. Amyloid β-protein oligomers and Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2013; 5:60.
12. Roth M, Tomlinson BE, Blessed G. Correlation between scores for dementia and counts of ‘senile plaques’ in cerebral grey matter of elderly subjects. Nature. 1966; 209:109-110.
13. BurtisCA, and Ashwood ER. Tietz Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry, 5th edition; W.B. Saunders company, Philadeslphia,PA. 2001.
14. Turner MW and Hulme B. The Plasma Proteins: An Introduction. Pitman Medical & Scientific Publishing Co. Ltd., London.1970.
15. Schrader M and Schulz-Knappe P. Peptidomics technologies for human body fluids. Trends Biotechnol. 2001; 19: S55-S60.
16. Kennedy S. Proteomic profiling from human samples: the body fluid alternative; Toxicol. Lett. 2001; 120: 379-884.
17. Wrotnowski C. The future of plasma proteins. Genet. Eng. News. 1998;18: 14.
18. Adkins JN, Varnum SM, Auberry KJ, Moore RJ, Angell NH; Smith RD, Springer DL, Pounds JG. Toward a human blood serum proteome: analysis by multi-dimensional separation coupled with mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002; 1: 947-955.
19. Zhang R, Barker L, Pinchev D, Marshall J, Rasamoelisolo. M Smith. C, Kupchak P, Kireeva I, Ingratta L, Jackowski G. Mining biomarkers in human sera using proteomic tools. Proteomics. 2004; 4: 244-256.
20. Anderson NL, Anderson NG. The human plasma proteome: history, character and diagnostic prospects. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002; 1: 845-867.
21. Pieper R, Gatlin CL, Makusky AJ, Russo PS, Schatz CR, Miller SS, Su Q, McGrath AM, Estock MA, Parmar PP, Zhao M, Huang ST, Zhou J, Wang F, Esquer-Blasco R, Anderson NL, Taylor J, Steiner S. The human serum proteome: display of nearly 3700 chromatographically separated protein spots on two-dimensional electrophoresis gels and identification of 325 distinct proteins. Proteomics.2003; 3: 1345-1364.
22. Macao B, Hoyer W, Sandberg A, Brorsson A-C, Dobson CM, Hard T. Recombinant amyloid beta-peptide production by coexpression with an affibody ligand. BMC Biotechnol. 2008; 8:82.
23. Merril CR. Silver staining of proteins and DNA. Nature. 1990; 343 (6260): 779-80
462 Absract views 149 PDF Downloads 611 Total views