Published:  Nov 22, 2022DOI: 10.7324/JABB.2023.110129
The study aims to estimate components affecting the cultivation practices of fruit trees. The survey was conducted from February to May 2018 using data from 150 households in Hau Giang Province. The fruit trees surveyed included Green peel pomelo (Chau Thanh and Chau Thanh A Districts), Sanh orange (Nga Bay Town), Xoan orange (Phung Hiep District), Sugar mandarin (Phung Hiep and Long My Districts), and Cat Hoa Loc mango (Chau Thanh A District). Results showed that indicators related to soil fertility were still suitable for citrus tree and mango cultivation. The exploratory factor analysis employs five components: Land use, nutrient use, economic efficiency, orchard design, and labor use. Those components are related to three aspects of sustainable development such as ecology/environment (land use, nutrient use, and orchard design), economy (economic efficiency), and society (labor). The two most essential components were land use and nutrient use. Based on the five components explored, the recommendations for improving the effectiveness of fruit tree production toward sustainable cultivation are proposed.
Phong LT, Minh VQ. Use of exploratory factor analysis for sustainability determination of fruit tree production: A case study in Hau Giang province, Vietnam. J App Biol Biotech. 2023;11(1):205-209. https://doi.org/10.7324/JABB.2023.110129
1. Kova?evi? DB, Brdar D, Fabe?i? P, Barba FJ, Lorenzo JM, Putnik P. Strategies to achieve a healthy and balanced diet: Fruits and vegetables as a natural source of bioactive compounds. In: Barba FJ, Putnik P, Kova?evi? DB, editors. Agri-food Industry Strategies for Healthy Diets and Sustainability. Ch. 2. United States: Academic Press; 2020. p. 51-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-817226-1.00002-3
2. Food and Agriculture Organisation. Food and Agriculture Organisation of United Nations. Rome, Italy: Food and Agriculture Organisation; 2020. Available from: https://www.fao.org/faostat/en/#data/qc [Last accessed on 2022 Mar 15].
3. Miloševi? T, Miloševi? N. Soil fertility: Plant nutrition vis-à-vis fruit yield and quality of stone fruits. In: Srivastava AK, Hu C, editors. Fruit Crops. Ch. 41. Netherlands: Elsevier; 2020. p. 583-606. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-818732-6.00041-1
4. Guong VT, Hien NX, Minh D, Linh TB. Current status of physical, chemical, and biological degradation of garden soil in Hau Giang province's key citrus growing area and measures to improve. Summary report on H and T research topic. Hau Giang: Department of Science and Technology; 2020.
5. Chen LS, Yang LT, Guo P, Jiang HX, Tang N. Aluminum toxicity and fruit nutrition. In: Srivastava AK, Hu C, editors. Fruit Crops. Ch. 17. Netherlands: Elsevier; 2020. p. 223-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-818732-6.00017-4
6. Hogg RV, Tanis EA, Zimmerman D. Probability and Statistical Inference. 10th ed. London, England: Pearson Published Inc., and Co Ltd.; 2019. p. 560.
7. Izquierdo I, Olea J, Abad FJ. Exploratory factor analysis in validation studies: Uses and recommendations. Psicothema 2014;26:395-400.
8. Fabrigar LR, Wegener DT, MacCallum RC, Strahan EJ. Evaluating the use of exploratory factor analysis in psychological research. Psychol Methods 1999;4:272-99. https://doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.4.3.272
9. Resende PC Jr., Fujihara R. Factor analysis on innovation inductors in high-performance organizations. Int J Innov 2018;6:275-86. https://doi.org/10.5585/iji.v6i3.253
10. SPSS. IBM SPSS Statistics 24 Core System User's Guide. USA: 2016.
11. Mallarino AP, Sawyer JE. Interpretation of Soil Test Results. PM 1310, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. 2013. Available from: https://www.store.extension.iastate.edu/product/interpretationof-soil-test-results [Last accessed on 2022 Mar 15].
12. Ve NB, Phong LT. Textbook of Fruit Trees. Vietnam: Can Tho University Press; 2011. p. 205.
13. Hinton PR, Brownlow C, Mcmurray I, Cozens B. SPSS Explained. 2nd ed. London: Routledge Publisher; 2014. p. 387. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315797298
14. Food and Agriculture Organization. The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2019. Rome, Italy: Food and Agriculture Organization; 2019.
15. Wall PC. Tailoring conservation agriculture to the needs of small farmers in developing countries: An analysis of issues. J Crop Improve 2007;19:137-55. https://doi.org/10.1300/J411v19n01_07
16. Srivastava AK, Wu QS, Mousavi SM, Hota D. Integrated soil fertility management in fruit crops: An overview. Int J Fruit Sci 2021;21:413-39. https://doi.org/10.1080/15538362.2021.1895034
1 Absract views 11 PDF Downloads 12 Total views
Investigation of morphological, phytochemical, and enzymatic characteristics of Anethum graveolens L. using selenium in combination with humic acid and fulvic acidParviz Samavatipour, Vahid Abdossi, Reza Salehi, Saeed Samavat,Alireza Ladan Moghadam
Study of endophytic Bacillus amyloliquefaciens CC09 and its antifungal cyclic lipopeptidesCai Xun-Chao,Li Hui,Xue Ya-Rong,Liu Chang-Hong
In vitro biocontrol scenarios of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens subsp. amyloliquefaciens strain RLS19 in response to Alternaria macrospora, an Alternaria leaf spot phytopathogen of Bt cottonLaxman Shrirangrao Raut, Ravindra Raosaheb Rakh, Venkat Shankarrao Hamde