Published:  Dec 27, 2014DOI: 10.7324/JABB.2014.2606
HS vaccines have been developed from time to time using whole bacteria or their components The variation in duration of immunity, kinetics and isotype of antibody and humoral and cellular immune responses with regards to vaccine have been poorly understood. There are repeated incidences of vaccination failure inspite of vaccinations done at regular intervals. This work was envisaged to study the role of humoral immunity by emphasizing on levels of B lymphocytes in vitro and their markers in unvaccinated and vaccinated cattle and buffaloes against P. multocida B: 2 (strain P52) at different time intervals. On immunoflourescence staining using monoclonal antibodies for B lymphocytes and activated lymphocytes (IL-2R+), the distinct fluorescence pattern was seen on the periphery of both B lymphocytes and activated B lymphocytes. Flowcytometry was done to evaluate the levels of B lymphocytes and activated lymphocytes (IL-2R) in blood from 10 cattle and 10 buffaloes which were vaccinated with alum precipitated HS vaccine. There has been a decrease in the level of B Lymphocytes over a period of time from zero days to 90 days post vaccination. But there was no significant variation in B lymphocytes levels and activated lymphocyte (IL-2R+) levels between prevaccinated and post vaccinated cattle and buffaloes at different time intervals (30 day, 60 day, 90 days and 120 days) as revealed by ANOVA. However a significant increase was revealed by paired t-test in activated lymphocytes (IL-2R+) levels at 30 days and 120 days post vaccination.
Harsh Shaveta, Deepti Chachra, H M Saxena, Mudit Chandra. Humoral immune response in cattle and buffaloes vaccinated against Pasteurella multocida B: 2 with reference to levels of B Lymphocytes and IL-2R+. J App Biol Biotech. 2014; 2 (06): 026-029. DOI: 10.7324/JABB.2014.2606
1. Smith K A. Interleukin-2: inception, impact, and implications. Science. 1988; 240:1169–76.
2. Bani L, David D, Moreau J L, Cayota A, Nakarai T, Ritz J, Thèze J. Expression of the IL-2 receptor gamma subunit in resting human CD4 T lymphocytes: mRNA is constitutively transcribed and the protein stored as an intracellular component. Int Immunol. 1997 Apr; 9(4): 573-80.
3. Hatakeyama M, Tsudo M, Minamoto S, Kono T, Doi T, Miyata T, Miyasaka M and Taniguchi T. Interleukin-2 receptor β chain gene: generation of three receptor forms by cloned human α and βchain cDNA. Science. 1989; 244: 551–56.
4. Moreau J L, Chastagner P, Tanaka T, Miyasaka M, Kondo M, Sugamura K and Thèze J. Control of the IL-2 responsiveness of B lymphocytes by IL-2 and IL-4. Journal of Immunology 1995; 155:3401–08.
5. Miyazaki T, Liu Z-J, Kawahara A, Minami Y, Yamada K, Tsujimoto Y, Barsoumian E L, Perlmutter R M and Taniguchi T. Three distinct IL-2 signaling pathways mediated by bcl-2, c-myc and lck cooperate in hematopoietic cell proliferation. Cell. 1995; 81(2): 223–31.
6. Yadav A and Mukherjee R. Separation of human B and T lymphocyte: A hand book of practical and clinical immunology, 2nd edn GP Talwar, SK Gupta (eds). CBS Pulishers and Distributers, Delhi, India. 1992; pp 219.
7. Hudson L and Roitt I M. Immunofluorescent detection of surface antigens specific to T and B lymphocytes in the chicken. European Journal of Immunology. 1973; 3: 63.
607 Absract views 147 PDF Downloads 754 Total views