Published:  Oct 23, 2016DOI: 10.7324/JABB.2016.40504
Twenty eight adult Clarias gariepinus (mean weight 205 ± 12.89g SD; Mean length; 31.13 ± 3.82cm SD) were exposed to oilfield wastewater, oww (0. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60%) in quadruplicate for 28 days and the organs (plasma, gill, liver, kidney) and muscle were assayed for enzymes: aspartate transaminase (AST), alanine transaminase (ALT), acid phosphatase (ACP) alkaline phosphates (ALP) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH). Changes in enzyme response were not concentration-dependent (P < 0.05), except ALP in kidney which showed a significant (p>0.05) increase with increased concentration of the oilfield wastewater when compared to the control. Other enzymes activities fluctuated around the control with LDH activity showing highest (2812.50±375.00 IU/L) response in all the organs. Lowest activity was recorded for ALT (4.00±0.00 IU/L) in the plasma. The changes observed can be used as an indicator of stress in C. gariepinus exposed to elevated levels of an oilfield wastewater. These changes can lead to death of fish and economic loss. The need therefore, for proper treatment of oilfield wastewater prior to discharge into the aquatic environment so as to reduce ecotoxicological problems and public health hazards is advocated.
Akani NP, Gabriel UU. Enzymatic responses of Clarias gariepinus (Burchell, 1822) exposed to sub-lethal concentrations of an oilfield wastewater. J App Biol Biotech. 2016; 4 (05): 026-032. doi: 10.7324/JABB.2016.40504
1. Wills JA. Survey of offshore oilfield drilling wastes and disposal techniques to reduce the ecological impact of sea dumping: the effect of discharges of produced waters. Ekologicheaya Vahktan Sakhalina (Sakhalina Environmental Watch) 25th May, Sakhalina, London. 2000. pp.1-5.
2. Obire O, Amusan FO. The environmental Impact of Oilfield Formation Water on a Freshwater stream in Nigeria. Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management. 2003; 7(1): 61- 66.
3. Obire O, Adigwe PC, Ramesh RP, Okigbo RN. Effect of oilfield wastewater on microbiota of a freshwater in Nigeria. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2008; 1(2): 264 - 270
4. Wemedo SA, Akani NP, Eke CE. Fungi in an oilfield wastewater in Nigeria. Asian Journal of Biological Sciences. 2009; 2: 54 - 57.
5. Wemedo SA, Obire O, Akani NP. Bacterial population of an Oilfield Wastewater in Nigeria. Asian Journal of Biological Sciences. 2012; 5(10): 46 - 51.
6. Akani NP, Obire O. Bacterial Populations of Clarias gariepinus (Burchell 1822) exposed to an oilfield wastewater in Rivers State, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Biological Sciences. 2014; 7 (5): 208 - 216.
7. Somerville HJ, Benneth D, Davenport JN, Holt MS, Lynes A, Mahieu A, Mccourt B, Parker JG, Stephenson RR, Watkinson RJ, Wilkinson TG. Environmental Effect of Produced Water from North Sea Oil Operations. Marine Pollution Bulletin. 1987; 18(10): 549 - 558.
8. Abalaka SE. Evaluation of the haematology and biochemistry of Clarias gariepinus as biomarkers of environmental pollution in Tiga dam, Nigeria. Brazillian Archives of Biology and Technology. 2013; 56(3): 371 - 376.
9. Edori OS, Ekpete OA, Edori ES. Effect of Paraquat on organ indices and haematology in Clarias gariepinus after Chronic exposure. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2013; 3(4): 1106 - 1114.
10. Das PC, Ayyappan S, Das BK, Jena JK. Nitrite toxicity in Indian major carps: sublethal effect on selected enzymes in fingerlings of Catla catla, Labeo rohita, and Cirrhinus mrigala. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology. 2004; 138: 3 - 10
11. Duta HM, Areids DA. Effects of endosulfan on brain acetyicholinesterase activity in Juvenile bluegill sunfish. Environment and Research. 2003; 91: 157 - 162.
12. Nte ME, Hart AI, Edun O, Akinrotimi OA. Alterations of enzymes activities as biomarkers in black jaw Tilapia (Saroyherodon melanotheron) exposed to industrial effluents. Continental Journal of Biological Sciences. 2011; 4 (2): 37 - 44.
13. Adedeji OB. Acute effects of diazinon on blood plasma biochemistry in the African catfish (Clarias gariepinus). Journal of Clinical Medicine and Research. 2010; 2 (1): 1 - 6.
14. Balint T, Ferenczy J, Katai F, Kiss I, Kroaz L, Lang G, Polyhos C, Szabo I, Nemesok O. Similarities and differences between the massive eel (Amguilla anguilla) devastation that occurs in the lake Ablation in 1991 and 1995. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 1997; 37: 17 - 23.
15. Oluah NS. Plasma aspartate amino transferase activity in the catfish Clarias albopunctatus exposure to sublethal zinc and mercury. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination Toxicology. 1999; 63: 343 - 349.
16. Jyothi B, Narayan G. Pesticide induced alteration of non-protein nitrogenous constituents in the serum of a fresh water cat fish, Clarias batrachus (Linn). Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 2000; 38: 1059 - 1061.
17. Kori-Siakpere O, Ikomi RB, Ogbe MG. Variations in acid phospatase and alkaline phosphatase activities in the plasma of the African catfish: Clarias gariepinus exposed to sublethal concentrations of potassium permanganate. Asian Journal of Experimental Biological Sciences. 2010; 1(1): 170 - 174.
18. Min EY, Kang JC. Effect of waterborne benomyl on the haematological and antioxidant parameters of Nile Tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus, Pesticide and Biochemical Physiology. 2008; 92: 138 - 142.
19. Gabriel UU, Akinrotimi OA. Management of Stress in fish for sustainable aquaculture development. The Researcher. 2011; 3(4): 28- 38.
20. Gabriel UU, Akinrotimi OA, Ariweriokuma VS. Changes in metabolic enzymes activities in selected organs and tissues of Clarias gariepinus exposed to cypermethrim. Journal of Chemical Engineering. 2012; 1(1), 25 - 30.
21. Svoboda M. Stress in fishes (a review). Bull. VURH Vodnany. 2001; 4: 169 - 191.
22. Velisck J, Wlasow T, Gomulka P, Svobodova Z, Dobsikova R, Novotry I. Dudzik M. Effects of cypermethrin on rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Veterinarnii medicina. 2006; 51(10): 469 - 476.
23. Gabriel UU; Obomanu FG, Edori OS. Biochemical changes in hybrid cat fish (Heterobrartchus bidorsalis, Clarias gariepinus) treated with nuracron. Chinese Journal of Applied and Environmental Biology. 2010; 16 (3): 353 - 357.
24. Kumavan SS, Kavitha C, Ramesh M, Grumni T. Toxicity studies of nonlyphenol hormonal haematological and biochemical effects in Clarias gariepinus. Journal of Applied Toxicology. 2011; 31: 1 - 11.
25. Atamanalp M, Keles MS, Halilorglu HI, Aras MS. The effects of cypermethrin (A synthetic pyrethroid) on some biochemical parameters of (Ca, P, Na, and TP) of Rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) Turkish Journal of Biology. 2002; 26: 1157 - 1160.
26. Adhikari S, Sarkar B, Chatterjee A, Machapotre CT Ayyepan S. Effect of cypermethrin and cerboturan haernatological parameters and prediction of their recovery in a fresh water teleost, Labeo rohita. (Hamilton). Ecotoxicology and Environmental safety. 2004; 58: 220- 226.
27. Jung SH, Sim DS, Kim Y. Effects of formalin on haematological and blood chemistry in olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. International Aquatic Research. 2003; 34: 1269 - 1275.
28. Adebayo OT, Ayinde K A, Popoola OM. Effect of cassava effluent on the hatching and survival of African catfish, Clarias gariepinus larvae. Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 2007; 2: 371 - 374.
29. Ojuola EA, Onuoha GC. The effect of liquid petroleum refinery effluent on fingerlings of Sarotherodon melanotheron (Ruppel 1852) and Oreochromis niloticus (Linnaeus 1757) Port Harcourt, Nigeria : African Regional Aquaculture Centre ; Lagos, Nigeria : Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research, Publishers.1987.
30. Ajao EA, Oyewo EO, Orekoya T. The effect of oil formation water on some marine organisms. 2pp. In: Proceedings of an International Seminar on the Petroleum Industry and the Nigerian Environment, 1981.
31. Ajao EZ.. Acute toxicity tests of a textile mill wastewater effluent and a 'detergent wash' with a hermit crab Clibinarius africanus (Aurivillius). NIOMR Tech. Paper No. 21, 11pp.
32. Oyewo EO. (1986). The acute toxicity of three oil dispersants. Environ. Pollution (Series A). 1985; 41: 23 - 31.
33. Ogundiran MA, Fawole OO, Adewoye SO, Ayandiran TA. Toxicological impact of detergent effluent on juvenile of African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus) (Burchell, 1822). Agriculture and Biology Journal of North America. 2010; 1(3): 330 - 342.
34. Adewoye SO. A comparative study on the behavioural responses of Clarias gariepinus on exposure to sap and detergent effluent. Advances in Applied Research. 2010; 1(1): 89 - 95.
35. Adewoye SO, Adedigba AE, Opasola OA. Impact of Shea Butter effluent on biochemical and haematological profiles of Clarias gariepinus. Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology. 2013; 5(1): 59 - 63.
36. Adeogun AO, Ibor OR, Chukwuka AV. Acute toxicity of abbatoir and saw-mill effluent to juvenile-sized Clarias gariepinus. Zoology and Ecology. 2013; 23(1): 53 - 57.
37. FAO. Meeting on the toxicity and bioaccumulation of selected substances in marine organisms. FAO Fisheries Report, No 334, Rovinj, Yugoslavia, 5 - 9 Nov.FIR/R334, 1984.
38. Gurure RM. Influence of two organo-chloride pesticides, thiodan and lindance on survival of fingerlings of O. niloticus and T. zilli. African Regional Aquaculture Centre Working Paper ARAC/WP.6/87, 1978.
39. American Public Health Association. (APHA) Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater. 20th edition, American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association and Water Environment Federation. USA. ISBN 0-877553-235-7, ISSN 55-1979, 1998.
40. Reitman S, Frankel FAJ. Colorimetric method for determination of serum Got and Gpt activity. Wiener Lab. 2000-Rosario-Argentina, 1957.
41. Bessey OA, Lowry OH, Brock MJ. A method for the rapid determination of alkaline phosphates with five cubic millimeters of serum. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 1946; 164: 321 - 329.
42. Huckabee WE. Relationship of pyruvate and lactate during anaerobic metabolism. V. Corouary adequacy. Annual Journal of Physiology. 1961; 200 (6):1169 - 1179.
43. Camus AC, Burrow RM, Hemstreet WG, Thure RL, Hawke JP. Aeromonas Bacterial infections - Motile Aeromonas septicemia Southern Regional Aquaculture Centre Publication No.478, 1998.
44. Adamu KM, Kori-Siakpere O. Effects of sub-lethal concentrations of tobacco (Nicotiana tobaccum) leaf dust on some biochemical parameters of Hybrid catfish (Clarias gariepinus and Heterobranchus bidorsalis) Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology. 2011; 54(1): 183 - 196.
45. Akani NP, Gabriel UU. Haematological responses of the African catfish Clarias gariepinus exposed to sublethal concentrations of an oilfield wastewater in Nigeria. Journal of Aquatic Sciences. 2015; 30(1B), 193 - 206.
46. Federal Environmental Protection Agency – FEPA. Guidelines and Standards for Environmental Pollution Control in Nigeria. Federal Environmental Protection Agency. Abuja. Nigeria. Pp54 -58. 1991.
47. Clerk RB. Marine Pollution. Clarandan Press, Oxford. 1986; 120 -131.
48. Ozmen M, Güngördü A, Kucukbay FZ, Gülar RE. Monitoring the effect of water pollution in Cyprinus carpio in Karakara Lake, Turkey. Ecotoxicology. 2006; 15: 157 - 169.
49. Richards R. Disease of Aquarium Fish. The Veterinary Record. 1977; 101(9): 166 - 167.
50. United States Environmental Protection Agency-USEPA National Health and Environmental Effect Research Laboratory, Ecology Division, 1999.
51. Ayalogu OE, Igboh NM, Dede EB. Biochemical changes in the serum and liver of albino rats exposed to petroleum samples (gasoline, kerosene and crude petroleum). Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management. 2001; 5(1): 97 - 100.
52. Simonato JD, Guedes CLB, Martinez CJ3.R. Biochemical, physiological, and histological changes in the neotropical 1ih Prochiloclus linesatus exposed to diesel oil. Ecotoxicology and Environmental safety. 2008; 69:112 - 120.
53. Mgbenka BO, Oluah NS, Arungwa AA. Erythropoietic response and haematological parameters in the catfish Clarias alpopunctatus exposed to sublethal concentrations of actellic. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2005; 62:436 - 440.
54. Ribeiro OCA, Neto FF, Mela M, Silva PH, Randi MAF, Rabitto IS, Alves costa JR, Pelletier E. Hematological findings in neotropical fish Hoplias rnalabancus exposed to subchronic and dietary doses of methyl mercury, in organic lead, and tributyltin chloride. Environmental Research. 2006; 101: 74 - 80.
55. Ruas CBG, Carvalho CS, Araujo HSS, Espindola ELG, Fernandes M. Oxidative stress biomarkers of exposure in the blood of Cichlid species from a metal contaminated river. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2008; 71: 86 - 93.
56. Winkaler EU, Santos TRM, Machcdo NR, Martinez CBR. Acute lethal and sublethal effects of neem leaf extract on the neotropical fresh - water fish Prochilodus lineatus. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology. 2007; 145: 236 - 244.
57. Kaur S, Dhanju CK. Enzymatic changes induced by some organophosphorus pesticides in female rats. Journal of Experimental Biology. 2007; 42: 1017 - 1019.
58. Arellano JM, Storch V, Saraquete C. Histological changes and copper accumulation in liver and gills of Senegales sole (Solea senegalesis). Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2004; 44; 62 - 67.
59. Anderson T, Forlin L, Hardig J, Larsson A. A physiological disturbance in fish living in coastal water polluted with bleached Kraft pulp mill effluents. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 2002; 45: 1525 - 1536.
60. Masopust J. Klinicka biochemie Pozadovani a hodnoceni biocemi ckych uysetreni, I. cast. Karolinum praha. 429 pp., 1998.
61. Gabriel UU. George ADI. Plasma enzymes in Clarias gariepinus exposed to chronic levels of Round up. Journal of Environment and Ecology. 2005; 23(2): 271 - 276.
62. De Silva PMCS, Kirby J, Samoyowarhhen LA. Low concentrates of lorsban in water result in far reaching behavioural and histological effects in early life stages in guppy. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2002; 53: 248 - 254.
63. Begum G. Carbohydrate metabolism in hepatic tissue of fish water Clarias batrachus (L) during dimethoate exposure. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2004; 33, 423 - 420.
64. Gagnetten AM, Paggi JC. Effect of Heavy metal contamination (Cr Cu, Pb Cd) and eutrophication on zooplankton in the lower Salado River Basin (Argentina). Water, Air, and soil Pollution, 2009; 198, 317 - 334.
65. Tnipathi S, Sahu DB, Kumar R, Kumar A. Effect of acute exposure of sodium arsenite (Naa ASO3) on some haematological parameters of Clarias batrachus (common India catfish) in-vivo. Indian Journal of Environmental Health, 2003; 45: 183 - 188.
66. Celik A, Mamanci B, Camlicaq Y, Comelekogly U, Askin A. Evaluation of cyhogenetic effects of lambda-cyhalothrin on wister rat bone marrow by gavage administration. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2005; 61(1): 128 - 133.
67. Tiwari S, Singh AP. Pscicidal activity of alcoholic extracts of Nerium indicum leaf and their biochemical stress responses on fish metabolism. African Journal of Traditional Medicine. CAM. 2004; 1:15 - 29.
68. Asztalos B, Memcsok J, Brenedeczky I, Gabriel R, Szabo A, Refale OJ. The effects of Pesticide on some biochemical parameters of carp. (Cyprinus carpio). Archives of Environmental. Contamination and Toxicology. 1990; 19:275 - 282.
69. Akinrotimi OA, Abu OMG, Ansa EJ, Edun OM, George OS. Haematological responses of Tilapia guineensis to acute stress. Journal of Natural and Applied Science. 2009; 5:338 - 343.
172 Absract views 159 PDF Downloads 331 Total views
Metabolic activities and health indices of African catfish (Clarias gariepinus) fed varying levels of Zingiber officinale rootAdegbesan Sherifat Ibidunni, Obasa Samuel Olubodun, Abdulraheem Ikililu
Growth Performance and Survival of Clarias gariepinus Larvae Fed with Varying Inclusions of beef Brain MealAlain Okoan Achi , Rachel Ahou Koumi, Bruno Yapoga Ossey, Wongbé Yté, Issa Nahoua Ouattara, Célestin Boua Atsé
Nanocomposites based on bacterial cellulose in combination with osteogenic growth peptide for bone repair: cytotoxic, genotoxic and mutagenic evaluationsRaquel Mantuaneli Scarel-Caminagaa, Sybele Saskab, Leonardo Pereira Franchic, Raquel A. Santose, Ana Maria Minarelli Gaspara, Ticiana S.O. Capotea, Sidney José Lima Ribeirob, Younés Messaddeqb, Reinaldo Marchetto b, Catarina S. Takahashic d
Allelopathic efficacy of aqueous extracts of Zingiber officinale Rosc. on germination, vigour, growth and yield of Vigna radiata L.P. Basalingamma, N. K. Hemanth Kumar, Shobha Jagannath
Effects of Vitex doniana leaf extract on aluminium-induced toxicity in male albino Wistar ratsO. E. Yakubu , O. F. C. Nwodo, C. Imo, M. Abdulrahaman, L. B. Uyeh
In-vitro Assessment of Carbendazim and Copper oxychloride cytotoxicity on HaCaT and HepG2 human cell linesDiksha Sateesh Bakre, Basappa Basawanneppa Kaliwal
Therapeutic potential of harmaline, a novel alkaloid, against cervical cancer cells in vitro: Apoptotic induction and DNA interaction studyParomita Bhattacharjee, Sarita Sarkar, Tapas Ghosh, Kakali Bhadra
Boron toxicity induces altered expression of miRNAs in French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)M. N. Jyothi, S. Usha, B. Suchithra , T.K. Syeda Ulfath, V.R. Devaraj, R. Nagesh Babu
Cytotoxicity and antiproliferative effects of ethyl acetate fraction of Padina australis against MCM-B2 and K562 cell lines.Heder Djamaludin, Maria Bintang, Bambang Pontjo Priosoeryanto
The effect of fresh stem juice extract of Costus afer on the cytohistomorphology of the kidney in aspirin-treated Wistar ratsIdorenyin U Umoh, AN Aquaisua, NM Udo
Low dose and subchronic Aroclor 1254 induced histopathological changes in mice kidneyJalpa Raja, Shweta Pathak, Rahul Kundu
Antiproliferative activities of Althaea ludwigii L. extract on Michigan Cancer Foundation-7 breast cancer cell lineZinah Essam Hameed Alshaya, Enas Jawad Kadhim, Hayder B. Sahib
Comparative study of the toxicity of hydroethanolic extracts of the root and stem barks of Cassia sieberiana D.C. on Wistar ratsKodjo Selom Evenamede, Kafui Kpegba, Kokou Idoh, Amegnona Agbonon, Oudjaniyobi Simalou, Pakoupati Boyode, Oyegunle Emmanuel Oke, Messanvi Gbeassor
Assessing cytotoxicity and antiproliferation effects of Sida rhombifolia against MCA-B1 and A549 cancer cellsLisnawati Tumanggor, Maria Bintang, Bambang Pontjo Priosoeryanto
Bioaccumulation of heavy metal lead (Pb) in different tissues of brackish water fish Mugil cephalus (Linnaeus, 1758)Vardi Venkateswarlu, Chenji Venkatrayulu
Cr(VI) toxicity inhibits microbe enhanced plant growth promotion without affecting bioremediation potentialVineet Kumar, Rishabh Anand Omar, Pramila Devi Umrao, Shilpa Deshpande Kaistha
Biochemical and liver histological changes in rats exposed to sub-lethal dose of Uproot-pesticide and the protective potentials of nutritional supplementsCosmas Onyekachi Ujowundu, Kingsley Isaac Ogamanya, Favour Ntite Ujowundu, Victoria Ojone Adejoh, Calistus I. Iheme, Kalu Okereke Igwe
Acute toxicity evaluation of homeopathic preparation of Gymnema sylvestre and analysis of its chemical constituentsAvanish Shukla, Imtiaz Khalid Muhammed, Ravi Sheshala, Ibrahim Usman Mhaisker, Krishna Rampal
A subchronic toxicity test of Flacourtia rukam stem bark extract on the albino rat Rattus noverticus (Wistar strain)Muharni Muharni, Fitrya Fitrya, Oki Saputra, Heni Yohandini, Julinar Julinar
Biodegradation potential of an estuarine bacterium Bacillus megaterium PNS 15 against an azo dye, Reactive Blue 194Kandasamy Sivasubramani, Punamalai Ganesh, Paramasivam Sivagurunathan, Kasinathan Kolanjinathan, Hemalatha Raman
Evaluation of acute and sub-acute toxicity assessment of marine diatom Thalassiosira weissflogiiAshashalini Albert, Syed Ali Mohamed Yacoob, Anuradha Venketraman, Ravikumar Sundaram, Habeeb Shaik Mohideen
Bacterial bioremediation: Strategies adopted by microbial-community to remediate lead from the environmentAfreen Shahid, Chitranshu Pandey, Farhan Ahmad, Aisha Kamal
Computer aided drug design of florfenicol to target chloramphenicol acetyltransferase of vibriosis causing pathogensRatul Bhowmik, Shubham Roy, Sounok Sengupta, Lokesh Ravi
Assessment of sublethal toxicity using proliferation markers in fish cell line-ICG exposed to agrochemicalsAnkita Salunke, Parth Pandya, Ankur Upadhyay, Pragna Parikh
Anti-proliferative activities of solasodine extracts from different Solanum spp. cell cultures on colon and bone carcinoma cell linesVijaykumar Deshmukh,, Sangeeta Ballav, Soumya Basu, Sanjay Mishra,, Jyoti Deshpande, Minal Wani
Suppression of the RAGE gene expression in RAW 264.7 murine leukemia cell line by ethyl acetate extract of Mikania micrantha (L.) Kunth.Alex Zohmachhuana, Malsawmdawngliana Tlaisun, Vabeiryureilai Mathipi, Lalrinzuali Khawlhring, Joyce Sudandara Priya
Characterization of tannery effluents by analyzing the recalcitrant organic pollutants and phytotoxicity assaySandeep Kumar, Ashutosh Yadav, Annapurna Maurya,,Shalini G. Pratap, Pramod Kumar Singh, Abhay Raj,
In silico studies of viral protein inhibitors of Marburg virus using phytochemicals from Andrographis paniculataRagupathy Hariprasath, Chandrasekar Akashpriya, Vasantha Veerappa Lakshmaiah, Nagella Praveen
Additive and antagonistic effects of selected polyphenols on biochemical indices of isoproterenol-induced toxicity in Wistar ratsGrace Jadesola Oyinbogbola, Mary Tolulope Olaleye, Aanuoluwapo Ruth Adetuyi, Ibrahim Olabayode Saliu, Afolabi Clement Akinmoladun
Evaluation of the antibacterial activity of Coccinia grandis, against bacteria isolated from chronic suppurative otitis media infectionDebasmita Dubey, Santosh Kumar Swain, Smarita Lenka, Rajesh Kumar Meher, Biswakanth Kar, Shakti Rath
Detrimental effects of microplastics in aquatic fauna on marine and freshwater environments – A comprehensive reviewIrene Monica Jaikumar, Majesh Tomson, Manikantan Pappuswamy, Krishnakumar V, Anushka Shitut, Arun Meyyazhagan, Balamuralikrishnan Balasubramnaian, Vijaya Anand Arumugam
A subchronic toxicity test of a combination of n-hexane and ethyl acetate fraction of rose myrtle leaves (Rhodomyrtus tomentosa [Ait.] Hassk) on male white ratsSalni Salni, Herlina Herlina, Aprila Purnamasari
Multitargeted molecular docking study of phytochemicals on hepatocellular carcinomaVikas Jha, Anjali Bhosale, Prakruti Kapadia, Agraj Bhargava, Arpita Marick, Zahra Charania, Omkar Parulekar, Mafiz Shaikh, Bhakti Madaye
Degradation and detoxification of monocrotophos using bacterial consortiumPriyanka Harenkumar Jokhakar, Pravin R Dudhagara